Youth TRAIN in Trades
Youth TRAIN in Trades saves time and money by getting a head start on the technical training for an apprenticeship program while students are still in high school. Students attend a trades training class at a partner post-secondary or a certified training facility where they learn from skilled instructors and earn credits that count towards both their high-school diploma and Level 1 of their technical training.
Current partnerships include:
- Automotive Service Technician Foundation
- Welder Foundation
- Cabinetry/Joinery Foundation
- Professional Cook
- Electrical Foundation
- Carpentry Foundation
- Plumbing & Piping Foundation
- Are in high school (apply in Gr. 11 for acceptance in Gr. 12 year)
- Will finish your training within 3 months of graduating.
- Will be under 20 when they complete the program.