Youth Train in Trades (formerly known as ACE-IT) saves time and money by getting a head start on the technical training for an apprenticeship program while students are still in high school. Youth TRAIN students attend a trades training class at a partner post-secondary or an ITA-certified training facility where they learn from skilled instructors and earn credits that count towards both their high-school diploma and Level 1 of their technical training.
Current partnerships include:
North Island College (Port Alberni Campus)
- Automotive Service Technician Foundation
- Welder Foundation
- Cabinetry/Joinery Foundation
- Professional Cook
North Island College (Regional Campuses)
- Electrical Foundation
- Carpentry Foundation
- Plumbing & Piping Foundation
Alter Ego Studio and Cosmetology Institute
- Dual Credit Hairdressing Diploma Program
Students can apply for the Youth Train in Trades program if they:
- Are in high school (apply in Gr. 11 for acceptance in Gr. 12 year)
- Will finish your training within 3 months of graduating.
- Will be under 20 when they complete the program.
As part of the agreement, SD70 will pay full tuition for NIC programs and a portion of the Alter Ego tuition.
For more information on ITA programs visit http://www.itabc.ca/youth/?page_id=81