The West Coast International Student Program
is committed to providing challenging, and rewarding educational programs for all International Students. Our student selection process emphasizes diversity and includes an enrolment cap that ensures a quality experience for all participants. For the past fifteen years the West Coast International Student Program has hosted students from Japan, Mexico, Korea, China, Hong Kong, Germany, France, Czech Republic, Kazakhstan, Argentina, Luxembourg, Brazil, Denmark, Finland, Holland, Sweden, Norway, Belgium, New Zealand, Chile, and Hungary.
Participating schools offer different educational opportunities within unique community settings. From the comprehensive programs of Alberni District Secondary School to the individualized programs of Ucluelet Secondary School, each school places a strong emphasis on student learning and social responsibility within a safe, caring school environment.
International Students are recognized for their diversity of ability, talents and interests, and are fully welcomed and encouraged to participate in all aspects of school life. The West Coast International Student Program provides:
• Academic and elective programs that emphasize academic excellence
• Small class sizes
• Highly experienced, professional teachers
• Individualized English as Second Language support
• Career and post-secondary counseling.
• Visits and tours to post-secondary institutions
• Access to support personnel and programs including trained counsellors, peer counsellors, and peer tutors
This is a unique program. Have a close look at what makes our program special and contact
us with your questions.